The building was originally the East Drayton Old Church of England School which was built around 1852. In 1966 the school closed due to reduced numbers of students and teachers.
Trustees were appointed by the Church to administer the foundation created and any endowments on the building and land. The school was sold to the village in 1974 and became the East Drayton Village Hall.
The proceeds were to be invested with the Official Custodian of Charities. In 1987 it was established that the monies had not left Southwell Diocese bank account and not been invested as stated.
A new charity was created and named the East Drayton Educational Charity with the funds invested with the Official Custodian of Charities. This is the current status,
The income of the charity is derived from interest on the funds invested and paid into the bank account of the charity to be distributed by the trustees in accordance with the charity deeds.
The Village Hall is used for the following activities:
- Parish Council Meetings
- Yoga Classes
- Keep - Fit Classes
- Kick Boxing Club
- Social events
- Poll Station
- Meeting Room